Monday, June 13, 2011

Blue Monday Questions



It's a blue Monday around here.  Days like this always leave me with difficult questions: 
How can I call myself a follower of the Christ when I am so culturally captive, when I have these doubts, when I seethe with anger seeing the flock suffer so?
How can I call myself a follower of the Christ when ease and comfort are my mantra, much prefering the message of resurrection (final victory) rather than the message of the cross (daily suffering by cross bearing), which is what it really means to follow the Christ now, within the human condition.
How can I call myself a follower of the Christ knowing that believers around the world suffer and I am so @ ease?
"O merciful Father, I will never be different unless your Spirit brings change to my hardened heart."


"O GOD, give me a grateful heart."