Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday's Prayer

Eternal God, and All-Wise Heavenly Father:
I thank you for the desire to pray, and for the continued desire to hear your voice, which only comes by the gift of your grace, given to me daily and some times moment by moment. May I never harden my heart.

I thank you for the desire to offer you my life, and for the continued desire to follow the ways of the Christ -- who is blessed forever, which only comes to me because of your faithful love and divine assistance. Help me to daily offer my body as a resource of righteousness.

I thank you for Jesus, who is the Christ, and who is eternally the Son, for his life-giving offering and his present-ness to his church, where he consistently speaks and leads and comforts. May his presence through the Holy Spirit -- the Divine Assistance -- grow to our awareness and to the awareness of the entire world, so that one day he may be understood to be just what he is, the consummation of all things.

I give you this day; I give you my heart, my intellect and my will. I give you my time and my talent. May you take what is usable for the advancement of your Kingdom, which is present and which is being birthed even now.

I offer this prayer in Jesus' name, Your Son and our Savior, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever, Amen